Sunday, October 24, 2010

Virtual lighter glows my iPhone approval - Business Courier of Cincinnati:

http://www.minerta.ru/post138270125/
Ahem, OK, OK, this ain’t exactlgy a Phoenix rising from theashes story. But this week, it’zs all I’ve got. And, it seemed a little tragic for a minute or two when I droppeds my old cell phone into the toilet amonthh ago. (Don’t ask. Seriously.) And yet, hadn’tr I been eyeballing the iPhone for nearlyua year, visiting it whenever I passed the storr at the mall and daydreaming about how all-in-one I would be someday ? It’s a phone! A GPS! An iPod!! A Web-surfing device! A camera!
Naturally, I didn’t buy the because I couldn’t bring myself to spend So when my old-school cell phone – the one whos e only exciting “features” included a ringtone and the abilit to play Pac-Man – took its dive to its soggyy death, it was just the excuse I needed. So far, I’ m digging it. I’m not usually one to mention products by name in this And Lordknows I’m not the type of endorsement that most tech companiese want – being over 25 and all, not to mention the fact that I have to consult my 22-year-old stepson for anythint more technologically challenging than finding the TV remotw down in the couch cushions. But the I dig.
For starters, what a little dab of cool it bestowd uponits user. My daughter and her teen friend have even deigned to admit theylike it, especiallyh the instant connection to YouTubw and MySpace. My 6-year-olcd nephew and 8-year-old niece fight over whose turn it is to play with theapplicationzs (Apps). I think it’ds the groovy touch screen that lureseveryonre in. At least, that’s part of what got me. and the easy access to the Internet. As I I’m no early adopter, so I’n new to the whole experiencde of being able to whip out the phoner and look anything up onthe Web.
(Longtimes BlackBerry users, I now see why you’ve been so But I’ve gotta admit it’as cool to wonder, “Where the heck is that or “Wonder if that restaurant has good and then quickly findthe I’m still in the early stagea of iPhone experimentation, which means I’ve randomly calledc friends by accident and hung up on a few people (there’ that touch-screen function). And I have yet to explorer the wide world of Apps beyond a cursory Isuspect I’m too much of a cheapskate to downloa any of the Apps that so I just browse the freebies. So far I’vew downloaded only a handful.
A couplde of those are actuallyuseful (the , a flashlight that can be used when rootinf around in a dark purs – unless the item you’rde rooting for is your iPhone). But most of my favoritr Apps, so far, are nothinv more than parlor tricks. I can confirkm that the Dog Whistler does, in emit a noise that causes dogs to sit up and take The Fluid App can keep small kids entertained for a few minutesx withits water-like ripples. Don’t waste your time with though. Go figure, but a digitalk switchblade doesn’t intimidate anyone. I am, however, goinyg all-in on my recommendation of the ZippkLighter App.
Choose the lighter of your liking, engrave it if you then whip it outduring concerts. Flip the metal lid whirr your fingers over the virtual ignitiobn and watch as a realistivflame blazes. Then hold that thing up proudlyh as yousing along: “Every rose has its

No comments:

Post a Comment